Employment Type: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Summary – Primary responsibilities include assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape; reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
Essential Functions – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reading and understanding blueprints prior to starting a project
- Sourcing the materials to be used in the project
- Measuring and cutting materials to specifications
- Welding materials using the correct materials to join the metals together
- Checking finished work to make sure that it falls within the tolerances marked on the blueprints
May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Emphasizes safety during all of their workplace activities
- Detail Oriented – exhibits keen attention to facts, specs, etc. to ensure accuracy
- Physically Capable – Steady handed and enough physical strength to manipulate heavy pieces of metal and piping according to the specifications of a blueprint
- Problem Solving – investigate, research, etc., to develop alternative solutions
- Demonstrate time management and deadline driven skills
- Collaborative – able to work well with team members
- Work Independently – ability to work with minimum supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Intermediate level, 5 + years of TIG Welding Experience preferred
- Knowledge of manual and mechanical welding techniques ex. MIG, a plus
- Ability to read blueprints; Knowledge of metallurgy
- Basic understanding of physics and engineering to complete structurally sound repairs a plus
If you are interested in the position noted above, please send your resume and references.