Position: Process engineer
Department: Process engineering
Employment type: Full
Schedule: Mon-Fri: 8:00-5:00
- Perform contract reviews.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates; manage cost and time constraints.
- Provide process documentation and detailed operating instructions in an ERP/MRP environment.
- Design and develop processes to optimize productivity and workflow across a wide range of manufacturing disciplines both in-house and with supplier partners.
- Consult on implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Examine existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations.
- Develop effective relationships with our suppliers and support other team members to ensure achievement of overall business goals.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Production/Process Engineering/ Manufacturing in machining and fabrication.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of core manufacturing processes such as milling, turning, assembly, welding and inspection is required.
- In-house capabilities include CNC and manual milling, CNC and manual turning, Wire EDM, Welding, Painting, Laser Engraving and both mechanical and electronics assembly Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, specifications, and procedures
- Working knowledge of process definition in an ERP/MRP environment.
- Ability to both utilize and support a cross-functional team including Estimating, CAD design, Programming, Purchasing, Production, Quality, Project Management and sub-tier suppliers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, purchase orders, military, aerospace and/or technical specifications and blueprints.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, approval bodies, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, peers and the manufacturing floor
Our Company is a growing, diversified, full service contract manufacturer located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleMed, FSA, 529 plan, 401K, Aflac, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and PTO.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or membership group protected by law.