Position: Planner/ Scheduler
Department: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Employment type: Full Time
Hours: Flexible shift, net 40 -45 hours/week
Reports To: Sr. Project Manager
Supervises: Individual Contributor
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Summary Job Summary – Under the general direction of the Sr. Project Manager, the Planner/Scheduler is responsible for administratively supporting of all functions related to successful project completion in a diverse manufacturing environment.
Essential Functions – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Liaison between Project Managers and various departments (ex. Purchasing, Quality, Production) to follow up on the progress of job status.
- Assist in preparation of job packets for the Manufacturing Group
- Research and prepare updates for the Customer Service Group.
- Investigate and communicate any special shipping requirements to Shipping/Receiving Group
- Research receipt of materials
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy and the progress of Work Order(s):
- Advise status of Sales Orders progress and any lapse in production schedules
- A team player with demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions.
- Adaptability – changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Education and/or Experience
- 1- 2 years Project Coordination in a manufacturing environment or similar experience
- Background in Production Planning/Scheduling/Control a huge plus
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with ERP systems a plus
- Reading drawings is a plus