Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be quoted by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Determine manufacturing steps/processes, equipment requirements, programming requirements, setup operations, material, labor, and other items necessary to perform work
- Identifies labor, material, time requirements and costs by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications
- Calculate production costs using established labor and overhead rates, raw material and processing price estimates Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Contributes to team effort by reviewing market data
- Communicates with managers, technical staff, and coworkers to exchange accurate information and understand instructions and technical details.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of Machine Shop Estimating/Quoting experience of medium to high complexity parts, including knowledge of setup and operation of a diverse range of machines.
- Estimating/Quoting experience must be with Manual lathe, milling machines as well as CNC Mill and CNC Lathe operations.
- 5+ years’ Experience in interpreting & processing castings, forgings, weldments and fabrications.
- Must be able to understand/interpret government specifications, drawings, and instructions.
- Capable use of Microsoft Office program (Excel) and ERP/MR