Manual Machinist Levels 1-3
Employment type: Full-Time
We are an aggressively growing, full service, development and Production Company with a large and established customer base as well as many emerging opportunities in the aerospace, defense and energy sector. We are currently recruiting new members to join our established team of motivated and passionate skilled tradespersons.
Candidates who apply should have the following qualifications:
- 3 years of related experience
- General knowledge of:
- Estimating time and materials for machine jobs
- Metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Able to inspect work product with a variety of gage instruments
- Time management and deadline driven skills
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Follow all written and verbal operating procedures and instructions
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Ability to track parts and jobs in system.
- Utilizes and abides by safety procedures.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Abide by all safety standards at all times
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
Our Company is a growing, diversified, full-service contract manufacturer located in Mount, NJ. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleMed, FSA, 529 plan, 401K, Aflac, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and PTO.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability or any other characteristic or membership group protected by law.