Machine Shop Production Manager (2nd Shift)
Employment type: Full-Time
We are an aggressively growing, full service, development and Production Company with a large and established customer base as well as many emerging opportunities in the aerospace, defense and energy sector. We are currently recruiting new members to join our established team of motivated and passionate skilled tradespersons.
Candidates who apply should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication; both verbal and written.
- Hands on experience with manual and CNC equipment. Solid experience with machine and technical processes.
- Must possess a strong background in machine shop practice including machinability of Carbon, Stainless Steels and exotics in addition to understanding the capabilities of modern machine tools used in manufacturing.
- Supervisory experience required. Prior experience mentoring and leading shop personnel.
- Must comprehend technical engineering drawings and sketches to accurately determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously and handle multiple responsibilities & tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Quality conscious with the ability to meet productivity goals.
- Understand, promote and enforce all of the BLUSA Defense Manufacturing safety rules.
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Track actual production, on time delivery and review efficiencies, daily.
- Provide the leadership and technical skills to ensure the safe and effective operation of the machining department.
- Develop a team spirit as you oversee and direct the activities of experienced team leaders, machinists running CNC machining centers in addition to manufacturing support functions.
- Assist machinists with their operation and troubleshoot as required in real time.
- Encourage staff professional development and address personal issues through diplomacy, sensitivity and cultural awareness.
- Ensure safety standards are met at all times with increase awareness and reduced risk behavior.
- Provide guidance and feedback to increase engagement of strategic initiatives.
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
Our Company is a growing, diversified, full-service contract manufacturer located in Mount Laurel, NJ. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HAS, TeleMed, 529 plan, 401K, Aflac, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and PTO.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability or any other characteristic or membership group protected by law.