Employment type: Full-Time
We are an aggressively growing, full service, development and Production Company with a large and established customer base as well as many emerging opportunities in the aerospace, defense and energy sector. We are currently recruiting new members to join our established team of motivated and passionate skilled tradesperson.
The Cost Estimator is responsible for providing superior professional internal support for engineering/sales. They ensure BLUSA meets the expected level of service, responsiveness, and quality objectives internally and of the customer.
Candidates who apply should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required
- Two-year college degree and/or minimum of two years’ experience in a Manufacturing industry, preferred
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including but not limited to the following: machining operations, cable assemblies (including Connectors), assembly operations, plating, and other surface treatment processes
- Strong computer skills (ERP, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to read and understand bid documents, engineering drawings, technical specs, and quality requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accuracy, and detail orientation
- Must be able to work well under pressure with short deadlines and limited supervision.
- Provides problem solving, cost effective, and solution-oriented proposals
- Excellent organizational, documentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task several projects simultaneously, prioritize and organize tasks daily.
- High energy and sense of urgency to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Highly motivated; possesses the desire to set and meet high performance standards based on excellence for the benefit of the customer, the individual, team members, and internal customers
- Time-management and deadline driven skills
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Analyze and compile data on factors that may affect cost (cost of materials, labor, manufacturing / assembly processes, shop rates etc.)
- Review and comprehend drawings, tech specs, and quality requirements.
- Analyze design, process, and quality requirements to determine most economical manufacturing/assembly methods required to produce a component.
- Calculate the most efficient cost of material, tooling, manufacturing/assembly time, and labor to manufactured and assembled parts
- Develop an estimate of manufacturing/assembly times and costs in support of cost estimate.
- Identify and present cost savings ideas to manager and other team members
- Assist procurement in identifying suppliers along with making supplier source selections
- Work directly with Engineering, Planning, Quality, Production, and Supply Chain departments
- Respond to RFQ pricing in a timely manner
- Analyze pricing with engineering/manufacturing and sales
- Ensure costs and final pricing numbers are accurate
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
Our Company is a growing, diversified, full-service contract manufacturer located in Mt Laurel, NJ. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleMed, FSA, 529 plan, 401K, Aflac, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and PTO.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic or membership group protected by law.