CNC Lathe Programmer
Employment type: Full-Time
We are an aggressively growing, full service, development and Production Company with a large and established customer base as well as many emerging opportunities in the aerospace, defense and energy sector. We are currently recruiting new members to join our established team of motivated and passionate skilled tradespersons.
We are currently looking for skilled Experienced CNC Machinist for multiple shifts.
Candidates who apply should have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3 years’ experience as a CNC Programmer programming with 2D/3D CAM/CAD software in a s hop environment for multi-axis 2D & 3D projects
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Working knowledge of using calipers & micrometers
- Experience using Mastercam software is a plus
- Knowledge of fabricating and machine metals, preferred
- Experience with properties of metals used in manufacturing
- Good problem solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills to convey detailed instructions to the machine operators, and to communicate with engineers regarding designs and drawings
- Must have a proficient understanding of G-code and M-code programming, Mazatrol is a plus
- Keen eye for detail
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Time-management and deadline driven skills
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Plan machining operations by reviewing work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Programming lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Analyze drawings, blueprints, and design data in order to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates
- Occasionally setup and operate CNC equipment as needed
- Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers, and fixtures and gauges to check work and perform detailed inspection of parts produced
- Read instrumentations and gauges to accurately measure dimensions on parts being machined withing specified tolerance
- Strive to meet quotas without compromising quality
- Wear proper safety equipment and comply with company safety rules at all times
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
Our Company is a growing, diversified, full-service contract manufacturer located in Mount Laurel, NJ. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleMed, FSA, 529 plan, 401K, Aflac, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and PTO.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic or membership group protected by law.