Accounts Receivable Clerk
Position: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: Flexible shifts, net 40 (less the ½ hr unpaid meal break /day
Reports To: Controller
Supervises: Individual Contributor
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Invoice shipped sales orders in our ERP system (Global Shop Solutions). Scan and email a copy of invoice, C of C, and credit card slip, if any, to customer.
- Run credit card payments for customers when Shipping Coordinator is ready to ship.
- Enter cash batches daily for both customers and miscellaneous receipts. Cash is received as checks, ACH/EDI, wire transfer, credit card and COD.
- Email customers for payment for orders ready to ship when payments are delayed.
- Maintain spreadsheet of orders waiting for money in order to ship.
Assist in submitting invoices for government sales orders to the WAWF website for payment.
Resolve billing issues with customers and work with other departments to resolve, as needed.
Submit invoices to on-line portals for various customers who need invoices submitted electronically.
Email and telephone customers for past due invoices.
- Create credit memos for adjustments to invoices that do not involved RMA’s.
- Reply to customers’ request for information.
- Print A/R Aging report monthly and review with Controller.
- Maintain spreadsheet of customer email addresses for emailing invoices.
Qualifications -The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred.
- Knowledge of AR systems
- Working knowledge of excel spreadsheet including basic formulas, sorting and filters
- Basic understanding of general business and accounting principles.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Reporting Programs/ Global Shop Systems a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Receivable experience
- High School degree. Additional education a plus